June 10, 2013 2
Ottawa Beer Events is a complete listing of beer events in the Ottawa-area(ish). Our goal is to keep the beer fan in the know about beer releases, tap takeovers, festivals and much more. We publish all beer events to our calendar and select events to the blog on the main page.
To have your event included on our calendar it must:
- Be in the Ottawa-area – events in Gatineau, Vankleek Hill, Ashton, Carleton Place are accepted. We use “Ottawa” very loosely.
- Be centered around beer. For a better idea of what that means check our beer event category archive.
How to submit your event:
- Email a press release or description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For best results ensure there is a date, time, description and cost.
- For bester results include a graphic advertising your event so we can post it on our blog and Facebook Page!
From the press release:
Beau’s All Natural Brewing will be collaborating with Canadian actor and comedian Tom Green this spring to create The Tom Green Beer. The official launch of the Tom Green Beer in the nation’s capital will include five stand-up comedy shows featuring Tom Green, to be held at Yuk Yuk’s on Elgin St. in Ottawa June 13-15.
Milk stout is the chosen beer style for the collaboration, a tip of the hat to one of Tom Green’s comic antics of the past. A balanced black ale, The Tom Green Beer will display flavours of chocolate and coffee, while delivering a creamy, velvety texture and finishing with a mild sweetness.
Tom Green initially approached Beau’s All Natural with the idea of making a beer together last summer. When Toronto’s Session Craft Beer Festival proposed the idea of “Collaboration Nation” (having Ontario craft breweries pair themselves with an artist and develop a beer together), the plan became a reality.
“Growing up in the Ottawa area, I’ve been a huge Tom Green fan. Having the opportunity to brew a unique and tasty beer with one of my heros is quite amazing — really amazing,” shared Steve Beauchesne, co-founder of Beau’s. “We’re having so much fun with this project, we may decide to make it available as more than just a one-off release… assuming we like the finished beer as much as we think we will,” he added.
Tickets for Tom Green's shows are available at Yuk Yuk's.
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 23, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- CASKAPALOOZA 2019 - Festival-Style Craft Beer Sampling August 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm CRAFT Beer Market - Ottawa, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 Caskapalooza - our famous summer craft beer sampling event - is back for another year! Join us for a festival-style night of entertainment, good vibes and local beer tasting - featuring over 25 unique casks from your favourite local craft breweries. Event tickets are $25 and include 12 sample beer tokens! Partial proceeds will be…