**NOTE – THIS POST IS NOT BEING UPDATED – FOR AN UPDATED LIST VISIT THE RESOURCES SECTION OF THE WEBSITE:
BREWERIES/BREW PUBS: https://ottawabeerevents.ca/ottawa-area-breweries
RESTAURANTS & BARS: https://ottawabeerevents.ca/ottawa-bars-restaurants-with-craft-beer/
Local Breweries, Brew Pubs and Contract Breweries
Don’t worry, we’ve mapped out all of these breweries on a handy Google Map. Happy Beer Tourism!
- Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company (Vankleek Hill)
- Beyond the Pale Brewing Company (Hintonburg)
- Bicycle Craft Brewery (Trainyards)
- Brasseurs de l’Outaouais (Gatineau)
- Broadhead Brewing Company (Nepean)
- Broken Stick Brewing Company (Ottawa)
- Calabogie Brewing Company (Calabogie)
- Cartwright Springs Brewery (Pakenham)
- Cassel Brewery Company (Casselman)
- Covered Bridge Brewing Company (Kanata)
- Dominion City Brewing Company (Ottawa)
- Kichesippi Beer Company (Westboro)
- Nita Beer Company (Ottawa)
- Perth Brewery (Perth)
- Rurban Brewing (Cornwall)
- Square Timber Brewing Company (Pembroke)
- Stalwart Brewing (Carleton Place)
- Tooth and Nail Brewing Company (Ottawa)
- Waller St. Brewing (Byward Market)
- Whiprsnapr Brewing Company (Ottawa)
- Whitewater Brewing Company (Forresters Falls)
- Ashton Brewing Company (Beckwith)
- Big Rig Brewery & Kitchen (Nepean)
- Brasseurs Du Temps (Gatineau)
- Les 3 Brasseurs (Sparks Street, Kanata)
- Lowertown Brewery (Ottawa)
- Microbrasserie-Bistro Gainsbourg (Gatineau)
- Mill Street Brew Pub (Lebreton Flats)
- The Clocktower Brew Pub (New Edinburgh, Glebe, Westboro, Byward Market)
Contract Breweries (breweries that hire another brewery to produce their beer)
- B-Side Brewing Label (Brews out of Beau’s – “B-Side Brewing Label is like a record label, for beer. We sign craft brewer “artists” who we respect and believe are making great beer to our brewing label.”)
- Brasserie Tuque de Broue (Brews out of Kichesippi – opening in May in Embrun)
- HogsBack Brewing Company (Various breweries including Broadhead)
- Crooked Mile Brewing (Almonte)
- Evergreen Craft Ales (Ottawa)
- Mad Hatter Brew Company (Ottawa)
- The Weather Brewery (Ottawa)
Where to Buy Beer
Beer can only be purchased at The Beer Store (a privately owned chain of retail outlets), the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (a provincial Crown corporation), breweries and brew pubs. Most of Ottawa’s breweries sell their beer in refillable growlers.
There are a few grocery stores in the Ottawa area that now sell 6 packs of beer:
- Farm Boy, 2030 Tenth Line in Orleans.
- Sobeys, 193 Metcalfe Street.
- Loblaws, 1980 Baseline Road.
- Metro, 3201 Strandherd Drive in Nepean.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 760 Eagleson Road.
- Sobeys, 700 Terry Fox Drive in Kanata.
- Sobeys, 840 March Road in Kanata.
- Independent, 1251 Main Street, Stittsville.
In Quebec beer can be bought at the Société des alcools du Quebec (a provincial Crown corporation), breweries, brew pubs and privately owned stores. Since Ottawa’s so close to some great Quebec beer stores it’s worth the drive to go bottle shopping. Here are some of our favourite stops:
Beer Bars and Restaurants
Lots of places offer beer on their menu, but these fine establishments offer a better selection featuring more of the locals. In case you need a bit of direction here’s a Google Map
- Black Tomato
- Brothers Beer Bistro
- Heart & Crown
- Murray Street Kitchen
- Must Wine Bar
- Patty Boland’s
- Smoque Shack
- The Albion Rooms
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro
- Arrow and Loon
- Atomic Rooster
- Bier Markt
- D’Arcy McGee’s
- Pints & Quarts
- The Royal Oak
- Union Local 613
- Arrow and Loon
- Crust and Crate Public House
- House of TARG
- Irene’s Pub
- Jack Astor’s Lansdowne
- Local Public Eatery
- Black Pepper Urban Pub
- Hintonburg Public House
- The Elmdale Oyster House & Tavern
- The Wellington Gastropub
Old Ottawa South