August 7, 2013 3
"Come join Beau's and the
Black Tomato for some tasty eats and delicious beers. Sunday August 18th
from 2-5pm, tix $30 includes Beau's samples, pulled pork goodness and a
sweet t-shirt from the Beau's design team…drinks, food and
clothes…we have you covered!"
The poster says August 11, but the date has been changed to August 18th!
Friday is the start of National Capital Craft Beer Week! During August 9-17 (okay, it's a little more than a week) Ottawa plays host to several craft beer events celebrating both the capital region's rich brewing heritage and current offerings.
More events are being added as we speak, but here's what's currently on tap for one of the best weeks of the year!
Join the great folks at D'Arcy McGee's and the Craft Beer Week crew in
kicking off the second annual National Capital Craft Beer Week! Live
entertainment, prizes, the official cask tapping, and of course lots of
great craft beer and fun!
Sunday, August 11
Union: Local 613 and
Beyond The Pale are proud to present their Smoked Pole Graetzer
Collaboration. 4 food stations and 8 other beers will be available for
sampling. 15 dollars gets you in the door w/ a BTP tasting glass and 4 x
4 oz samples. Beer and food tickets will be available on sight for
$3.50. One ticket get's you a halfy and two a biggin'. Advance tickets are sold out, but a limited number of tickets will be available for $20 at the door starting at 6:00pm.
Monday, August 12
Join Turtle Island Brewing Company and Broadhead Brewing Company as they pair 5 locally crafted brews with five unique, beer inspired dishes as well as a special dessert. Tickets are $65.00 (tax & gratuity included).
8 Locks Flat hosts our first beach party in style,
featuring Turtle Island brewery's finest paired with mouth-watering
creations from the bistro's talented chefs. Tasting notes from the
brewmaster at Turtle Island and the chefs at 8 Locks, giveaways, and
a fantastic night out are just a few of the things we have in store. Tickets $50.00.
National Capital Craft Beer Festival (Marion Dewar Plaza – outside City Hall)
The second annual National Capital Craft Beer Festival,
located in downtown Ottawa, and discover the fantastic selection of
craft brewed beer available right here in the National Capital Region!
Sample mouth-watering culinary creations offered by our artisanal
eateries, from comforting and delicious street food to craft beer
inspired gourmet tapas using locally grown ingredients. Single day pass – $15, two-day pass – $25.00, VIP pass – $65.00. Additonal drink tokens available for $1 each.
We asked some of the participating breweries whether they're bringing some special brews to the festival, here's what they said:
- Cassel Brewery: Chocolate porter.
- Big Rig Brewery & Kitchen: Wild honey and hemp beer.
- Beau's All Natural Brewing Company: Six taps with nine rotating brands – including the Spruce Moose that Chris posted above, two casks of beer that are a preview for Oktoberfest.
- Sawdust City Brewing Company: Some barrel aged one-offs, some red rocket & the usuals.
- Ashton Brewing Company: Blueberry Wheat, IPA and Vanilla Stout.
- Turtle Island Brewing Company: SMASH Cherry & Dark Honey Brown, a couple of surprises, and the first Turtle Brew Co pop up bistro!
- Broadhead Brewing Company: Bodacious Blueberry Blonde.
Summer is here and so is the
Beau’s Mixtape summer edition! In partnership with The Grid and Audio
Blood, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co. announces the launch of the summer
mixtape featuring great homegrown artists from across Canada.
music and indie beer belong together. Beau’s is devoted to helping
independent artists and the Mixtape is a great way for us to do this,”
says Steve Beauchesne, Beau’s co-founder.
The second edition features such indie favourites as: Mother Mother, The Wooden Sky, Dusted, By Divine Right, Cai.ro, The BB Guns, The Danks, Hannah Georgas, Raine Maida, and many more. The mixtape is available FOR FREE for 3 months. Fans can stream and download the tracks at: http://mixtape.beaus.ca
2. Summer Luvin – The Danks
3. Bit By Bit – Mother Mother
4. Robotic – Hannah Georgas
5. This Guy Reads From A Card – The Flatliners
6. How To Kill A Man – Raine Maida
7. Vampyre – Cai.ro
8. Iron Streams – Beliefs
9. Arrows – Evening Hymns
10. Property Lines – Dusted
11. Want You To Know – Miesha & The Spanks
12. I Wanna Go South – Brews Willis
13. More Thorns – By Divine Right
14. Baby I Hate You- The BB Guns
15. Goodnight / Sleeptight – Rob Moir
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Beer Dinner with Sam Corbeil (Sawdust City) January 25, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Bar Lupulus, 1242 Wellington St W, Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A4, Canada https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/sawdust-city-brewmasters-dinner-tickets-42246065118?aff=eand
- Brewmaster's Dinner with Muskoka Brewery January 30, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm CRAFT Beer Market Ottawa We're excited to invite you to another edition of our monthly Brewmaster's Dinner Series. We've partnered with the amazing Muskoka Brewing Co. out of Bracebridge, Ontario to bring you a 4 course dinner and beer pairing dinner (plus a welcome beer). Menu Coming Soon! Dinner will be served at 6:30, so we welcome you to…
- Ottawa Winter Beerfest February 16, 2018 – February 17, 2018