June 2014 9
Belgian inspired, straw in colour, lightly hopped with subtle hints of clove – 4.9% ABV.
Available at all Clocktower Brew Pub locations as of today!
Beau’s welcomes the heat of the summer with Patio Saison, a snappy and refreshing unfiltered ale. The 5.9% ABV saison offers up mild pepper-and-clove spice in harmony with both the citrusy zest of organic orange peel, and the floral aroma of organic elder flower.
The saison style has its origins in the Wallonia region of Belgium. Traditionally this beer was brewed to slake the thirst of farmhands during harvest time, so it makes a perfect beer for warm weather. Beau’s originally released Patio Saison in 2012 in restaurants and pubs across Ontario to celebrate the beginning of patio season, and this fan-favourite also made an appearance in the 2013 Best of Beau's mixed pack.
A dry, refreshing Belgian-style ale with fruity character, courtesy of both the fermentation and the addition of dried organic orange peel. The complexity is enhanced with the characteristic Belgian yeast spiciness and mild earthy undertones.
Available at the LCBO, Beau's brewery and select restaurants and pubs.
Join us under the shade of the belfry for the return of the Ottawa Brewery Market.
Load up on hometown brews by draining the kegs from:
Beau's, Beyond the Pale Brewing Company, Big Rig Kitchen and Brewery, Broadhead Brewing Company Ltd., Cassel Brewery Company, Covered Bridge Brewing, HogsBack Brewing Company and Mill St. Brewery.
Absinthe + Murray St. will be teaming up to fill our bellies with fabulous fare.
Rain or shine—we will be pouring, even if the rain is.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY. Hintonburg Park features a wonderful play area. Bring your chairs, picnic blankets and bocce balls, and come relax for the day.
Proceeds support Ottawa Riverkeeper, because you can't make great beer without clean water.
Get more info at www.brewerymarket.com
“This is not your Father’s Labatt 50!” is how we approached the selection of amazing craft beers that we have available for sampling this year. Come on out on Friday, July 11th from 7 pm to 10 pm for a great evening of craft beer tasting, a selection of appetizers, and upbeat tunes provided by the Swing Bridge Band. Enjoy samples of a variety of local craft breweries and have a chance to participate in the People’s Choice award at the end of the evening.
This event is a wonderful opportunity to try new and interesting brews, socialize with friends and neighbours, see our historic building lit up at night, and get those feet warmed up on the dance floor! It’s guaranteed to be another fun and successful event at Watson’s Mill!
The confirmed list of breweries in attendance include:
- Turtle Island Brewing Company
- Barley Days Brewery
- Beau's All Natural Brewing Company
- Broadhead Brewing Company
- Waller Street Brewing Company
- Dominion City Brewing Company
- The Covered Bridge Brewing Company
- Hogsback Brewing Company
- The Clocktower Brew Pub
- Railway City Brewing Company
- Mill Street Brewing Company
- Kichesippi Beer …and more to come!
Tickets are $35 and are available in advance at Watson’s Mill and on-line through Eventbrite.
Remaining tickets may be available at the door. The number of tickets is limited, therefore get yours today before they are sold out! Admission includes five craft beer samples, with extra samples available at the door at $2 each.
More information: https://www.facebook.com/WatsonsMillCraftBeer
Ottawa’s underdog Broadhead Brewing Company Ltd has been selected to showcase their beers this weekend at the popular ‘Session Toronto’ craft beer festival …and in doing so, they will also support fellow craft brewers in the Nation’s capital.
As part of the beer line-up at this weekends event, Broadhead have worked with organizers from the National Capital Craft Beer Festival to create a special collaboration beer.
“We were thinking – How can we let craft beer fans in Toronto know just how exciting things are here in Ottawa?” says Josh Larocque, Head Brewer Guy & co-owner of Broadhead Brewing Company, “We thought that teaming up with the National Capital Craft Beer Festival would let them know just how alive & well our craft beer scene is …and maybe they’ll plan a beer tour vacation here this summer.”
Packing an awesome-gnarly-radical punch is our Session Toronto ‘Collaboration Nation’ creation – Bodacious Brewberry Blonde Ale. When you take a sip of this clear golden blonde ale you’ll have a taste of the summer, but watch out – there’s a wallop of blueberry flavour and aroma in there. Brewed with local blueberries from Canaan Blueberries just outside of Ottawa. We tried to make it blue, but it turns out you really need a ‘lot’ of blueberries to make that happen!
Session Toronto runs June 13 & 14
National Capital Craft Beer Festival runs August 15, 16 & 17
More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/639672039444716/
Beyond the Pale Brewing Company is hosting a Patio Party, which will devolve into an ALL NIGHT DANCE PARTY at Corner Bar & Grill in Westboro! BTP is taking over 8 taps and tapping 4 casks starting at 3pm. Come for the afternoon patio sun and stay for the DJ stylings of Devin Atherton who will start spining at 8pm. This $10 ticket will get you glassware and 2 tickets for BTP beers or a delicious Corner Bar snack.
More information & tickets: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/beyond-the-palecorner-bar-grill-patio-party-tickets
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 23, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- CASKAPALOOZA 2019 - Festival-Style Craft Beer Sampling August 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm CRAFT Beer Market - Ottawa, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 Caskapalooza - our famous summer craft beer sampling event - is back for another year! Join us for a festival-style night of entertainment, good vibes and local beer tasting - featuring over 25 unique casks from your favourite local craft breweries. Event tickets are $25 and include 12 sample beer tokens! Partial proceeds will be…