Some of you may be familiar with Stock Pot Ales, the small brewing operation at the Wellington Gastropub in Westboro run by long time brewing friends Adam, Ed & Nathan. They’ve since traded in their stock pots for a 7 barrel system in Carleton Place.
After much anticipation, Stalwart Brewery Company finally opens their doors today (December 18th) at their new location on High Street.
Out of the gate they are launching 3 beers, all of which were part of Stock Pot Ales collection, however now on a larger system and tweaked slightly. “Big Papa” Pale Ale , “Dr. Feelgood” IPA & “Bad Moon Rye” Stout will be available in cans or via their by the glass license.
If you are unable to make it out to Carleton Place, currently their beer is flowing at the Wellington Gastropub, Union 613, and Supply & Demand.
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 from 12pm - 4 pm, Covered Bridge Brewing invites you to help them celebrate their 2nd anniversary!
They will have a New Beer Release – "TWO" and Limited release of "ONE", the beer released for last years anniversary.
There will also be Beer pairing stations, with food by the 'Wiches Cauldron as well as Specialty Casks and a Grand Prize – Private beer pairing evening in the brewery for up to 12 people.
Everyone who donates $5 to the Tree of Giving in support of the Stittsville Food Bank, or donates a CBB growler deposit gets a gift in exchange.
300 of these will be sold only via phone orders (613) 752-BREW (2739) starting today at noon. Cost is $13 with tax and bottle deposit included.
This Christmas season treat yourself to a comedy show like no other. The Reindeer and Beer Comedy Tour features Canada's finest up and coming stand up comedians.
Josh Infald – The Roast of Ron Jeremy, Dark Comedy Festival
Ronen G – Canada's Beer Loving Comic
Kivork – #1 Canadian YouTube Prankster
Sai Kit: Jackie Chans Favorite Comedian
and other special guests.
Get your tickets today. This show will sell out! Details via Eventbrite!
Every year around the first snowfall, breweries across Denmark release a special Julebryg (‘yule brew’) to pubs in small towns and big cities across the country. People gather with friends, family and total strangers to celebrate the season and raise a glass of something special. A few years ago they had to move J-Dag (the name given to the day brewer's release their Christmas beers) from a Wednesday to a Friday because the country effectively shut down the day following.
At Dominion City, they are taking up the tradition by releasing a balanced and moderately spiced Christmas ale available exclusively for their own J-Dag.
Julebryg, our Danish-style Yule beer tastes of plum and malted rye spiciness and subtle notes of ginger, cardamom and pink peppercorn.
Available on tap at a limited number of fine bars and restaurants this Friday at 8:59pm as well as exclusively at the bottleshop in special 750ml champagne-style bottles starting Saturday December 5th until it's gone.
Vinterat Liquorice Stout ABV 5.3% IBU 23
Danish for Winter Night, Vinternat is a liquorice stout that celebrates our darkest time of the year. Using Lakrids raw Persian liquorice root imported from Denmark, this stout is a collaboration brew with Jacobsons Gourmet Concepts in Ottawa. Nearly black in colour with a chocolatey head, Vinternat is full bodied and has aromas of roasted barley, dark chocolate and hints of liquorice. On the palate, a subtle sweetness, noticeable liquorice flavour and a cooling sensation unique to liquorice root.
Jacobsons recommends pairing this wintertime brew with a number of the specialty cheeses they have on their wall. In particular, the Alpine style, rich flavour of Five Brothers cheese from Ontario and the soft wash-rind of the Cremeux de Jura from France are exceptional partners.
Bicyle Craft Brewery will be sampling it in their shop at 850 Industrial Avenue, Unit 12 all day tomorrow as well as at Jacobsons on Beechwood from 11am – 4pm where they will also have the cheese to pair with it.
On November 28, Jerry Vietz, Brewmaster and Sylvain Bouchard, Beer Sommelier, from Unibroue, the award-winning, leading craft brewery, will be in Ottawa for a Consumer tasting session, with food pairings by Bier Markt Executive Chef Michael Cipollo.
The event will celebrate the limited releases of Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve (2015 vintage) and La Fin du Monde in an exclusive, hand-poured 6-litre bottle format with a tasting guided by Unibroue’s Brewmaster Jerry Vietz and Beer Sommelier Sylvain Bouchard.
Date: Saturday, November 28, 2015
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Place: Rideau Street LCBO (275 Rideau St.)
The tasting will be followed by a bottle-signing session at Bier Markt (156 Sparks St) from 7:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m.
A very limited number of spots are available for each event.
Tickets are $35 and can be purchased by phoning the helloLCBO Contact Centre at 1-800-668-5226 or 416-365-5900. HelloLCBO is open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Limit of two tickets per person, per call.
Ticketholders will be among the first to be able to purchase the exclusive 6-litre bottles and will have the opportunity to take a photo with Jerry Vietz and Sylvain Bouchard, and to have their bottle autographed.
Jerry Vietz will provide insight on the way Unibroue 17 and La Fin du Monde are crafted and the inspiration behind them. “I'm happy to introduce the new limited-edition 6-litre bottle of La Fin du Monde and Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve in their branded wooden case – only 50 of which will be available for each beer in the Ontario market,” says Vietz. “La Fin du Monde is one of Unibroue's most iconic beers. It has earned more medals and awards – including some of the world's highest honours – than any other Canadian beer. I'm also thrilled with our fifth edition of the Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve, another multiple award winner, which is brewed only once a year.”
The 6-litre bottles are available exclusively at Summerhill LCBO in Toronto and the Rideau Street LCBO in Ottawa. Other varieties of Unibroue are available at LCBO stores across the province. Blanche de Chambly and La Fin du Monde are offered year-round in 341mL pack formats. Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve is available in its 2015 vintage, its fifth annual release at the LCBO.
6-litre bottles of La Fin du Monde will be sold for $149.00 and Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve will be sold for $199.00.
Yoga on Tap is back with a new Fall Series that you don't want to miss! Yoga on Tap aims to offer a unique experience of providing an all levels accessible yoga class in the setting of a local craft brewery, followed by a beer tasting and tour, bringing together yogis and craft brew drinkers of all different ages and backgrounds!
- 3:00PM Sunday, November 8 – Clocktower Brew Pub - 575 Bank Street. Ottawa. Basement Level.
- 11:00AM Sunday, November 15 – Dominion City Brewing Co. - #15-5510 Canotek Rd. Ottawa.
- 11:00AM Sunday, November 22 – Whiprsnapr Brewing Co. – #106-14 Bexley Place. Ottawa.
- 6:00PM Monday, November 30 – Bicycle Craft Brewery - #12-850 Industrial Ave. Ottawa – We loved our experience so much @ BCB last series that we decided to team up with the brewery a second time to offer a special holiday potluck session! Please bring a holiday themed cold dish. Refrigeration will be available during yoga.
Each session is $25 and includes a 1 hour yoga class, beer tasting and tour of the brewery!
More information and buy tickets on the Yoga on Tap website!
- Bend and Brunch Spring Sessions! April 27, 2019 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am CRAFT Beer Market, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S3W7 Spring has Sprung! Join us at CRAFT Ottawa for the Spring Series of Bend and Brunch Programs! Every Month will feature a new Brewery so check out our Social Media Channels for who will be coming up next! This year we are excited to announce that every month we will be partnering with a local…
- PALOOZA BEER PONG FESTIVAL 2019 (Powered by: Ace Hill) April 27, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm Aberdeen Pavilion, 1000 Exhibition Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3 CANADA’S FAVOURITE PARTY IS COMING BACK FOR YEAR 3!!! The 3rd annual Palooza Beer Pong Festival (Powered by: Ace Hill) is coming back, only for a bigger, and better festival. We broke our own Guinness World Record last year with 2300 attendees..why not do it again in 2019 with 3000?? **THIS EVENT IS GUARANTEED TO SELL OUT,…
- Calabogie Brewing Brewmaster's Dinner May 1, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm CRAFT Beer Market, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S3W7 Join us for another installment of our Brewmaster's Dinner series, hosted by Calabogie Brewing Co. The Calabogie Brewing Company is proud to serve the local area with an unrivalled passion and love for beer. We've partnered with the fine folks of Calabogie Brewing Co. to bring you an evening of great food and beer. With a menu insprired by our Executive…