August 2015 4
Some important things to note for this years festival:
Breweries: More than 40 breweries will be showcasing their tasty brews!
Sampling tickets: Tickets to sample beer are $1 each – samples range from 2 to 4 tickets depending on the beer!
Re-entry: There is no re-entry this year at the festival.
OC Transpo: Be responsible! Your event ticket includes free service on any OC Transpo. Valid 3 hours before or after the event!
Craft Beer Market Brewmaster Seminars: The soon to open Craft Beer Market will be presenting various seminars with local brewmasters. Find out how your favorite beer was developed along with some samples! Cost is only 2 tickets!
Food Trucks: Some tasty food choices will be available on site via food truck!
Ticket info: Online Tickets are $15 for one day, $23 for two days and $30 for the weekend. In person tickets are $20 for one day $28 for 2 days and $35 for the weekend.
For more info and to purchase tickets check out the festival website.
Whiprsnapr brewing co. is teaming up with Garry Galley, former NHL player and current NHL television broadcaster to create the ‘slingr’ beer.
‘slingr’ is the whiprsnapr angel, and she represents the battle with mental health. Garry has been a strong supporter of DIFD, and wants to create conversation about mental health. He hopes this campaign will speak to a new audience, and his ‘aim’ is to get people talking!
‘slingr’ is a smooth maple cream ale. We use real maple syrup to give it a subtle maple sweetness, and age the beer on maple wood chips to develop that earthy woodsy silky smooth taste. We had originally made this using maple sap from the father-in-laws sugar bush – instead of water. We brewed it using only base malts, and very little hops – just to see what kind of flavor the maple sap would deliver. There was an amazing light sweetness and distinct maple wood tone to the beer – it was simple and tasty.
Join Whiprsnapr Brewing and Garry Galley on Thursday August 20th from 4pm – 8pm at 14-106 Bexley Place for the launch of this special beer!
More information available on their Facebook Event Page.
In honour of #IPAday 2015 I've compiled a list of Ottawa Area Breweries and their hoppy offerings!
Most listed are available in growler form at the respective brewery or on tap in various locations across town - I've noted those also available in the LCBO! Some of these selections can also be obtained through Brew Donkey!
- Ashton Brewing: HopStravaganza
- Beau's All-Natural Gigantic: La Formidable, an American-Belgo IPA - available online via BYBO or at your local LCBO
- Beyond the Pale Brewing: Rye Guy Rye IPA, Railbender IPA, Party Animal Belgian Imperial IPA, Aromatherapy IPA (NEW)
- Bicycle Craft Brewery: Velocipede IPA & Crimson Cascade
- Big Rig Brewing: Release the Hounds Black IPA (available at LCBO), Big Rig IPA & Session IPA
- Broadhead Brewing : Wildcard IPA
- Broken Stick Brewing: Socks & Sandals IPA
- Cartwright Springs: Northern IPA
- Cassel Brewery: Caboose IPA
- Clocktower Brew Pub: Session IPA
- Covered Bridge Brewing: Lumbersexual Session IPA, Eternally Hoptimistic
- Dominion City: Two Flags IPA
- Kichesippi Beer: Wuchak Black IPA
- Nita Beer: OPA IPA
- Square Timber: Big Pine IPA, Camboose Double IPA
- Whiprsnapr Brewery: F'n'L British IPA, Inukshuk Canadian IPA, Endo, GTFO and VPA
- Whitewater Brewing: Class V IPA
Most listed are currently available at the breweries – but just in case you may want to contact them first to avoid disappointment!
And make sure to tag your hoppy pics with #613beer!
Barleys Angels Ottawa will once again be hopping on a big yellow school bus and heading to the Bedard-Brunet family hop farm to learn all about hops and the harvest.
You can check out pictures from last years event on their Facebook Page!
A delicious BBQ lunch of burgers and sausages* will be included with salad and corn while at the farm.
*Note: If a vegetarian meal is required please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event.
Then the bus ride continues to Beau's where you'll receive a fun-filled tour and hang out on their spectacular patio for some pints!
Tickets are $50 per person and are available via Eventbrite.
- Bend and Brunch Winter Sessions! - 2019 January 19, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm CRAFT Beer Market, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 Kick off the New Year on a healthy note and join us at CRAFT Ottawa for a New Series of Bend and Brunch Programs! This year we are excited to announce that every month we will be partnering with a local brewery to bring in a new beer every month! These beers will be seasonal…
- Dominion City tap takeover January 19, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Bowman's on Bank, 895 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W4, Canada
- Beer dinner with Beau's @Das Lokal January 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Das Lokal, 190 Dalhousie St, Ottawa, ON K1N 7C7, Canada Das Lokal and local brewing greats Beau's All Natural Brewing Co. along with their world recognized Halcyon brewery will be having their first ever Ottawa beer dinner event on January 24th at #daslokal. It will be hosted by Beau's CEO and founder Steve Beauchesne and our kitchen team. For reservations for this special event, please…