Beer Release 73
300 of these will be sold only via phone orders (613) 752-BREW (2739) starting today at noon. Cost is $13 with tax and bottle deposit included.
Every year around the first snowfall, breweries across Denmark release a special Julebryg (‘yule brew’) to pubs in small towns and big cities across the country. People gather with friends, family and total strangers to celebrate the season and raise a glass of something special. A few years ago they had to move J-Dag (the name given to the day brewer's release their Christmas beers) from a Wednesday to a Friday because the country effectively shut down the day following.
At Dominion City, they are taking up the tradition by releasing a balanced and moderately spiced Christmas ale available exclusively for their own J-Dag.
Julebryg, our Danish-style Yule beer tastes of plum and malted rye spiciness and subtle notes of ginger, cardamom and pink peppercorn.
Available on tap at a limited number of fine bars and restaurants this Friday at 8:59pm as well as exclusively at the bottleshop in special 750ml champagne-style bottles starting Saturday December 5th until it's gone.
Vinterat Liquorice Stout ABV 5.3% IBU 23
Danish for Winter Night, Vinternat is a liquorice stout that celebrates our darkest time of the year. Using Lakrids raw Persian liquorice root imported from Denmark, this stout is a collaboration brew with Jacobsons Gourmet Concepts in Ottawa. Nearly black in colour with a chocolatey head, Vinternat is full bodied and has aromas of roasted barley, dark chocolate and hints of liquorice. On the palate, a subtle sweetness, noticeable liquorice flavour and a cooling sensation unique to liquorice root.
Jacobsons recommends pairing this wintertime brew with a number of the specialty cheeses they have on their wall. In particular, the Alpine style, rich flavour of Five Brothers cheese from Ontario and the soft wash-rind of the Cremeux de Jura from France are exceptional partners.
Bicyle Craft Brewery will be sampling it in their shop at 850 Industrial Avenue, Unit 12 all day tomorrow as well as at Jacobsons on Beechwood from 11am – 4pm where they will also have the cheese to pair with it.
Whiprsnapr brewing co. is teaming up with Garry Galley, former NHL player and current NHL television broadcaster to create the ‘slingr’ beer.
‘slingr’ is the whiprsnapr angel, and she represents the battle with mental health. Garry has been a strong supporter of DIFD, and wants to create conversation about mental health. He hopes this campaign will speak to a new audience, and his ‘aim’ is to get people talking!
‘slingr’ is a smooth maple cream ale. We use real maple syrup to give it a subtle maple sweetness, and age the beer on maple wood chips to develop that earthy woodsy silky smooth taste. We had originally made this using maple sap from the father-in-laws sugar bush – instead of water. We brewed it using only base malts, and very little hops – just to see what kind of flavor the maple sap would deliver. There was an amazing light sweetness and distinct maple wood tone to the beer – it was simple and tasty.
Join Whiprsnapr Brewing and Garry Galley on Thursday August 20th from 4pm – 8pm at 14-106 Bexley Place for the launch of this special beer!
More information available on their Facebook Event Page.
Today Bicycle Craft Brewery is launching a new IPA called Cubicle Riot!
Here are the details:
Cubicle Riot is a hoppy and bitter IPA that is refreshing for the hot July days. Light orange-copper in colour, medium body, with a dry finish that makes you want to pick up your glass again. With a lingering bitterness and an aroma of pear and watermelon, Cubicle Riot will get you our of the cubicle and into your summer vacation.
Pick some up starting today in growlers at their Industrial Ave. Brewery!!
Cassel Brewery will be releasing the 2015 edition of their Railroad Special Maple Rye Ale tomorrow, Wednesday May 12th!
This year they've opted for a different yeast in order to showcase more of the maple flavor.
Available at their brewery – 715 Rue Principale, Casselman ON
In celebration of their 5th Anniversary, Kichesippi Beer is releasing an Eisbock today. Clocking in at 13.8% ABV its the kind of beer you'll want to share with friends.
They will only be releasing 360 bottles so be sure to get one before it's gone!
Open 10-5 today at the brewery, 866 Campbell Avenue,Ottawa, Ontario, K2A 2C5, Canada
Bicycle Craft Brewery has released their Saffron Equinox, just in time for Norouz (the Persian New Year celebrating the start of spring and the biggest Iranian holiday of the year), Saffron Equinox uses saffron sent from their Head Brewer's mom in Iran.
Medium-light body and an amazingly unique aroma of pure saffron, this ale will welcome in the new year with the colour of the sun that will remind you of the warm days to come. Slightly cloudy, sunshine orange in colour and a smooth finish.
Flavours of honey, hay and saffron on the palate and an aftertaste of saffron that lingers on the back of your tongue, this brew is distinct and one of a kind.
Best enjoyed at the exact start of spring (6:45pm EDT on Friday, March 20, 2015) with good friends, good food, and Iranian pistachios.
Available now at their brewery, 850 Industrial Avenue, Unit 12. in both 1.89L ($13 + deposit) and 950ml ($7.50 + deposit)
The Clocktower Brew Pub and Equator Coffee Roasters have teamed up for "Freakin' Good Beer" which was released today, Tuesday March 10th. You can find it on tap at all Clocktower locations.
Description from the Clocktower Website:
Unlike a dark porter or stout, we have added cold pressed Equator Coffee to produce a refreshing, light amber ale. Freakin’ Good Beer is now on tap at all Clocktower locations! 650ml bombers are available for sale / take out at our retail store at 575 Bank Street in the Glebe!
Freakin’ Good Beer Tasting Notes:
– Amber Ale brewed with Equator’s cold pressed “Freakin’ Good” Coffee.
– Oats, rye, and flaked barley were used with malted barley to produce a smooth body.
– Coffee flavor is muted to begin with, but builds intensity.
– Flavor is very aromatic without the bitterness of black coffee.
– Local honey from Rideau Pines Farms was used to balance the coffee, while the malt provides a bit of additional sweetness.
%Alc = 5.3% IBU = 25 SRM = 8
Newly opened Nita Beer Company on Colonnade Road is having a warm-up party for St. Patrick's Day this Thursday March 12th at 7pm.
The party will include a sampling of 3 new stouts:
Perfectum – A true Irish Stout: Using a unique grain bill, this stout has notes of chocolate and a smoky flavour that is perfect for the colder weather.
Omne – Licorice Stout: For those who like a sweeter note in their stout, this beer will satisfy.
Trium – Cinnamon and Clove Stout: Did you know there are many health benefits to cloves? This stout will cure what ails you.
Tickets are $40 and are available through nitabeer.com or in-store only and must be purchased by March 10, 2015 at 8PM.
Included with your tickets:
- Sampling of Omne, Trium and Perfectum: 3 stouts that aim for achieving the perfection of 3’s
- A 950 mL stout of your choice to take home
- Light finger foods
- A fancy Nita Beer glass for your collection
- Great tunes, great company and chatter about beer to your heart’s content
- Sawdust City - Sample Night July 23, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 4:56 pm 340 Somerset St W Come Meet the sales rep from Sawdust City and Sample some of the many fine beers they produce
- Muskoka Brewing Co Brewmaster's Dinner - Patio Edition!! July 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm CRAFT Beer Market, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S3W7 We are Back at it! And this time partnering with our friends from at Muskoka Brewing Co to bring you our first Patio Edition Brewmaster's Dinner!! (weather permitting of course) So join us for a evening of great food and equally great beer. With a menu insprired by our Executive Chef, Cass David. This Menu will…
- Barley's Angels Ottawa Champions Family and Friends Day Sunday July 28 July 28, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm RGBT Park, http://ottawachampions.com/ 300 Coventry Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1K 4P5 Hello Angels! Bring your family and friends to this co-ed event. The game starts at 1:35pm. The BBQ will run from around 12 noon until around 2 pm in the BBQ terrance. Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for children 17 and under. The ticket price includes your game ticket, and all you can eat hotdogs and hamburgers…