Beer Run 7
The Ottawa Craft Beer Run is back for its third year! Join us on Saturday June 17, 2017 for a 5K run/walk. The event starts at Aberdeen Pavilion and takes you along Queen Elizabeth Drive with great views of the Rideau Canal. The route loops back and finishes at the Ottawa Beer Fest.
Your run registration includes your celebratory Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co. craft beer, festival glass, tank top or t-shirt, finisher medal, chip timing by Sport Stats and a weekend pass to the festival.
Early bird pricing ends on April 23, 2017!
The Ottawa Craft Beer Run is a charity run and has already raised over $10,000 for local charities. Proceeds from this year’s event are going to the Parkdale Food Centre.
Here’s what’s coming up this week in Ottawa Beer :
- Saturday July 9th@12pm – Saison D’Etre Brewery Market @Hintonburg Park
- Free admission
- “Saison d’Être” will feature the farmhouse Saison. Expect your standard local favourites, along with some tasty special-edition beers. Tasters will be available for all featured Saisons
- Saturday July 9th @9am- Bend & Brunch with Yoga on Tap @CRAFT Beer Market $25
- Bring your own mat for a one hour yoga class hosted by our friends at Yoga on Tap, and then stay for brunch with your choice of a Kichesippi Radler or Culture Kombucha.
- Saturday July 9th @11am – Cornwall Summer Beerfest @Nav Centre $20
- Sunday July 10th @2pm – Run Now, Beer Later @Tooth & Nail Brewery
- Drop in for a casual road run led by one of our run coaches. Perfect for any level, we will run 2-3km with a focus on fun over speed.
- Our run will start and end at Tooth and Nail Brewing Company, we are doing a 2K loop and we run rain or shine.
- Wednesday July 14th @5pm – Barley’s Angels Family & Friends BBQ & ball game $30 @Raymond Charest stadium
- Watch the Ottawa Champions take on the Trois Rivieres Aigles
- Each ticket* includes: all-you-can-eat pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs (vegetarian option available for those who purchase a VEGETARIAN ticket), drinks (pop), 2 beer (adult tickets only) , chips (and, perhaps, popcorn); and your game ticket (general admission).
Want us to mention your upcoming event? Drop us a line email@example.com
This 5km run starts and ends at the Aberdeen Pavilion and takes you on a scenic loop along the Rideau Canal!
Finishers receive a Beau's All Natural craft beer when completing the race.
Registration is $50 and includes 2 passes to the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival.
Details were announced for this year's edition of the Ottawa Beer Run!
It's a 13.5 km run from brewery to brewery, stopping at each for 20 minutes to sample a delicious bit of what’s on tap. Brewery stops include: Big Rig, Beyond the Pale, Kichesippi, Mill Street and the Clocktower.
More info here: http://ottawabeerrun.com/collections/ottawa-beer-run
Not your typical Triathlon! This Saturday is the 25th Annual Carleton Cup! No Swimming or Biking Required – Instead you'll be skating along the Rideau Canal and…DRINKING BEER? No – that's not an autocorrect! The 3rd leg is actually BEER!
The 25th Annual CARLETON CUP is happening on the Canal THIS SATURDAY January 25th, 2014 and was pioneered by Carleton U students for great fun and a great cause. The Carleton Cup, aka “The Ultimate Canadian Triathlon” (Skate – Run – Drink), is an annual race held in Ottawa on the world's largest skating rink, the Rideau Canal.
Beer Run 2013 is a 13.3km brewery-to-brewery run to five Ottawa breweries (Mill St. Brew Pub, Beyond The Pale, Clocktower Brew Pub, Kitchissippi Beer Co. and Big Rig Brewery). All five breweries will be sampling their finest hand crafted beers and have its own unique atmosphere that will energize you for the next leg of the route. Live entertainment, fresh autumn air, beer education & brewery tours! Space is limited, registration is available online.
The next few months are jammed packed with some of our favourite beer festivals of the year so it's important to take a few moments between festivals to exercise – especially if it has a beer-y twist. Introducing the Oktoberfest Ottawa 5K Run – a fun run (or jog, or walk) along the Queen Elizabeth Driveway that loops back to The Arrow and Loon. Not only do participants get a free beer at the end of the 5k, but they get to feel all warm and fuzzy inside because they're also raising funds for Team Diabetes! We chatted with Laura Walker-Ng, one of the race organizers:
Ottawa Beer Events: Why an Oktoberfest run?
Laura Walker-Ng: After joining Team Diabetes in 2010 I started training
for my first 10K run. I had just started running and joining the team
really pushed me to go out and train for my event in Iceland. Once there
I changed my event to a half marathon and the rest is history.
I now work for the Canadian Diabetes Association and encourage others to get active and challenge themselves. I
love running in the Fall and a friend and fellow Team D alumni
recommended an Oktoberfest theme. I found it a perfect fit and I've
really loved planning this event so far!
What is Team Diabetes? Is there a reason why you’re supporting it?
Team Diabetes is the Canadian Diabetes Association's activity based fundraising program. I
originally signed up with Team Diabetes to support diabetic friends and
family members. I didn't expect the change it would have on my
lifestyle and everyday life.
On the website you’re encouraging people to dress up in costume, will there be prizes for the best Oktoberfest themed costume?
Yes, there will be great prizes for best individual and group costumes.
We will have several categories where you can win but we will only be
announcing them at the run. This is a fun run and everything about it is
going to be fun.
Which beer will you be enjoying after the race?
Mill Street Brewery will be supplying the beer for the event.
Registration is $30 (until September 20 then it increases) and includes a complimentary beer. T-shirts, sweaters and a Wunderbar Breakfast Feast are extra and can be purchased online when you register.
- Beer dinner with Beau's @Das Lokal January 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Das Lokal, 190 Dalhousie St, Ottawa, ON K1N 7C7, Canada Das Lokal and local brewing greats Beau's All Natural Brewing Co. along with their world recognized Halcyon brewery will be having their first ever Ottawa beer dinner event on January 24th at #daslokal. It will be hosted by Beau's CEO and founder Steve Beauchesne and our kitchen team. For reservations for this special event, please…
- Beyond the Pale Brewmasters Dinner January 29, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 975 Bank St, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 We are excited to invite you to another installment of our Brewmaster Dinner Series. We have partnered with the fine folks of Beyond the Pale Brewing Co to bring you a 4 course dinner with beer pairing. (plus a welcome beer) A bit about Beyond the Pale: "We are an Ottawa based brewery started by…
- Run to Flora Hall Brewing February 3, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Flora Hall Brewing, 37 Flora St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1A7, Canada RUN TO BEER OTTAWA is inviting all the runner's out this month to Ottawa's Centretown to enjoy a group run off the canal + afterwards celebrate an active lifestyle with a beer from our friends @ FLORA HALL BREWING! Join us for a morning group run, followed by a pint, an optional tour of the brewery, some…