Ottawa Craft Beer Festival 1
After a successful 2015, the National Capital Home Brew Competition is back for another year!
The competition will once again coincide with the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival to be held between August 26th – 28th, 2016.
Last year’s competition was successful, with just under 300 entries and some fantastic prizes for winners.
- Registration closes on Thursday July 21st – you can register via the competition website.
- This year’s competition will be based on the 2015 BJCP style guidelines.
- Cost is $6.00 per entry, limit of one entry per brewery per sub-category
- The maximum number of entries for this years competition will be 300, in order to ensure that there are enough judges to provide quality feedback.
- Winners will be announced on Sunday August 27th during the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival.
The winner of this year’s Best of Show will get a chance to work with Whitewater Brewing on a recipe to be brewed on their 30 bbl system.
- Collective Arts: Origins of Darkness Day November 17, 2019 at 11:00 am – 10:00 pm Bar Lupulus Making beer beautiful inside and out of the can since 2014, Collective Arts has also managed to collaborate on some of Ontario's best beers with some of the best Brewers in the world. Last years inaugural launch of a 6 part series labelled Origins of Darkness was an incredibly strong testimate to that, not only…
- Matron Fine Beer: Pop Up Pizza Party November 19, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 am Bar Lupulus The good people from Ontario's best new Brewery are rolling into town and throwing a little shin dig at Lupulus. They wanted to keep it light hearted and playful so they invited Mike and Bernie from 10 x Cups to rock a pizza party pop up in our kitchen. Matron's tapping 5 offerings including the…
- Comedy Night @Vimy Brewing Company November 22, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Vimy Brewing Company Event: https://facebook.com/events/1148930738828986/ Ottawa has a thirst for live comedy and here's where it get quenched. Come enjoy a premium club level show at a cozy local brewery.