Primetime Libations 2
It's about that time of year where the temperature plummets and we start craving those roasted, spicy dark beers. Ottawa's breweries and brewpubs haven't let us down, there are some wonderful new releases to keep us warm during the cold months!
- Triple Chocolate Imperial Milk Stout – Big Rig Brewery (Friday – on tap/growler)
- Gingerbread Porter – Big Rig Brewery collaboration w/ Jeff O'Reilly (Friday – on tap/growler)
- Porter – The Clocktower (available now – on tap/growler/bomber)
- Best of Beau's 4-pack – Beau's All Natural (available now – LCBO)
- Gingerbread Porter Launch – To celebrate the collaboration between Jeff O'Reilly and Lon Ladell Big Rig is hosting a launch party featuring a one off Kahlua Candy Cane infused Gingerbread Porter cask. The party starts at 4:00pm on Friday (December 6) at the west-end brewpub.
- Beyond the Pale's First Anniversary – Hard to believe that it's only been a year! To celebrate BTP is hosting a party at the Orange Gallery (233 Armstrong Street) with all proceeds going to the Parkdale Food Center. Doors open at 8:00pm on Saturday (December 7) and you better believe there will be a lot of beer!
It's cold and you need to warm up with a little beer. Here's how you should start your week, as always you can plan ahead in our Ottawa Beer Event Calendar.
- Knifewear Tongue Cutter IPA – The Clocktower Brewpub and Knifewear Ottawa collaborated on a West Coast style IPA and it's being launched tonight! If you miss out on this opportunity to try the hoppy beer it'll be available at all Clocktower locations in the days to come for a limited time.
- Turtle Island Indulge Beer & Food Pairing Dinner – If you missed out on buying tickets for this beer paired event, you might be sorry. Turtle Island's brewmaster, JP Fournier, pulls out all the stops at his dinners and serves beer cocktails and liqueur in addition to the regular offerings.
- Pumpfest November 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm The Lieutenant's Pump, 361 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1M9, Canada
- Beer Tasting Hosted by Bicycle Craft Brewery November 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Chapters Rideau Event: https://facebook.com/events/432835204085304/ Ticket Price: $25 (+ tax & service fees) Description: Join us for a tasting adventure with Bicycle Craft Brewery! One of Bicycle’s own beer connoisseurs will lead you through a flight of four of their unique unfiltered ales. Learn what makes each beer special and what sets Bicycle apart. Event Host: Born in…
- Collective Arts: Origins of Darkness Day November 17, 2019 at 11:00 am – 10:00 pm Bar Lupulus Making beer beautiful inside and out of the can since 2014, Collective Arts has also managed to collaborate on some of Ontario's best beers with some of the best Brewers in the world. Last years inaugural launch of a 6 part series labelled Origins of Darkness was an incredibly strong testimate to that, not only…