Whitewater Brewing Company 7
Coming up this week in beer – it’s the beginning of Ontario Craft Beer Week, so a few of those events in Ottawa, along with some other great beer-y events!
Here’s what’s on deck from Wednesday June 8th – Tuesday June 14th!
- Friday June 10th- noon until late– Beau’s Summer Patio Party @St Louis Bar & Grill Clyde Ave
- St.Louis Bar and Grill present the Beau’s Summer Patio Party with beer samplings, prizes, swag and entertainment provided by the Danny Sylvestre Band.
- Friday June 10th – Whitewater does OCB Week – Cask Day
- Saturday June 11th noon to 8pm – Missis-Sipping Craft Beer Festival $20 in advance or $25 at the door
- Enjoy beer & live music at Generations Inn in Carleton Place. Admission includes 4 sample tickets, sample glass & prize draws
- Saturday June 11th 9pm – Camp Muskoka: Craft Beer Summer Camp@ Hintonburg Public House
- ONE NIGHT ONLY -Enjoy backwood snacks, campfire sing alongs, cards and best of all MUSKOKA BREWERY IS TAKING OVER OUR TAPS for the night with some of their LIMITED RUN BREWS! Get dress for the cottage, and prepare yourself for some city campin’ HPH style. #campmuskoka for your chance to win some Muskoka swag. No cover. In celebration of Ontario Craft Beer Week.
- Saturday June 11th – Whitewater does OCB Week – Beer & BBQ Day
- Sunday June 12th @7pm- Whitewater does OCB Week – Beer Trivia Night
- Monday June 13th @6pm- Whitewater does OCB Week – Date Night
- Monday June 13th 5pm – 8pm – Muskoka Brewery’s Up The Creek with a Buddy and a Paddle
- OCB week event – Share a paddle of Muskoka’s Cream Ale and our 20th Anniversary Oak Aged Cream Ale with a pal, compare notes and let us know what you think!
- Monday June 13th 7pm – 9pm – Steam Whistle’s Craft Beer Trivia @ Bowman’s Bar & Grill
- OCB Week Event – Steam Whistle is proud to host Craft Beer Trivia at Bowman’s Bar & Grill. Do you have what it takes to earn the title of Count or Countess of Craft? Play by yourself or in a team. The winner takes home a Steam Whistle Prizepack valued at $100. Samples of Steam Whistle’s all-natural Pilsner will be available.
- Tuesday June 14th @6pm – Whitewater does OCB Week – Ladies Night
Want us to mention your upcoming event? Drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org
After a successful 2015, the National Capital Home Brew Competition is back for another year!
The competition will once again coincide with the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival to be held between August 26th – 28th, 2016.
Last year’s competition was successful, with just under 300 entries and some fantastic prizes for winners.
- Registration closes on Thursday July 21st – you can register via the competition website.
- This year’s competition will be based on the 2015 BJCP style guidelines.
- Cost is $6.00 per entry, limit of one entry per brewery per sub-category
- The maximum number of entries for this years competition will be 300, in order to ensure that there are enough judges to provide quality feedback.
- Winners will be announced on Sunday August 27th during the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival.
The winner of this year’s Best of Show will get a chance to work with Whitewater Brewing on a recipe to be brewed on their 30 bbl system.
Whitewater Brewing Company has released their latest seasonal, Das Bier. The 5.6% ABV Oktoberfest is a tribute to German tradition with a pretzel-like body, leaf noble hops and best served with a sprinkle of salt.
Currently Das Bier is available at The Smoque Shack with other locations to follow.
VersaTile and Whitewater Brewing Company have teamed up to create a beer namd after the Mexican General who Almonte is named after - Juan Nepomuceno Almonte.
For those who don't know, the town of Almonte was named after Juan Nepomuceno Almonte. He was a Mexican General who served in the Battle of the Alamo and the Texas Revolution.As far as our research tells us, Juan Nepomuceno Almonte is the only Mexican General in history to have both a Canadian town and a beer named after him.Named in honour of the great Mexican General Juan Almonte, this light, refreshing summery beer is an homage to his homeland. Hints of citrus and a crisp finish make it the perfect beer for a warm summer's day in Almonte.
The Ottawa-ish (Forrester Falls) brewery, Whitewater Brewing Company, has just released their spring seasonal Jacked Rabbit Espresso IPA available in growlers at their retail store and by the pint at select pubs and restaurants.
This hoppy guy is jacked up on espresso that has been cold steeped for 16 hours and has been sourced from The Neat Cafe and the Madawaska Coffee Company. A full malt base is well complimented by Cascade, Centennial and Nugget hops which are mellowed by the smooth blend of espresso.
This brew clocks in at 6.5% ABV and 95 IBUs!
The final edition of The Brewery Market will be a blow out with 8 breweries pouring beer – Ashton
Brewing Company, Clocktower Brewpub, Kichesippi Beer Company, Mill Street Brewery,
HogsBack Brewing Company, Whitewater Brewing Company, Barley Days and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
While we may be familiar with most of the breweries in attendance, Whitewater Brewing Company from Forrester Falls, Ontario will be making its Ottawa debut. To learn more about the brewery and their beers we interviewed one of the three brewers, Chris Thompson.
Ottawa Beer Events: Can you tell us about Whitewater Brewing Company?
Chris Thompson (Whitewater Brewing Company): We are three good friends that want to create great beer, for great people using the best local ingredients and contribute as much as possible to the local communities.
Whitewater Brewing Company was founded by three good friends in 2011 on the banks of The Mighty Ottawa River. The three of us have had many adventures that have taken us from the incredible rivers of Ontario & Quebec to the mountains fed creeks of British Columbia, from the deep canyons of the Colorado River, to the Great Barrier Reef of Australia. One constant that has remained strong throughout this journey is our return to the heart of the Ottawa Valley to share our great adventures with great friends.
Our epiphany came on a rafting trip: The Ottawa Valley was already home to some of the best natural ingredients involved in creating true hand-crafted beer, as well as great people deserving of a local beer to share with friends. Whitewater Brewing Company was conceived. The next three and a half years took a lot of hard work, learning and living out of vehicles to get to where we are today.
Whitewater Brewing Company believes in the pursuit of the ultimate balance between work and play. Our adventures live on through the stories we share with the good people we surround ourselves with. We recognize the important role that good beer plays in sharing these moments, so we work hard to carefully nurture a hand crafted beer using the highest quality ingredients brewed under small batch conditions. The result is a variety of beers worthy of the adventurous spirit inside us all. Whitewater Beer is brewed by friends, for friends.
How would you describe the beers that you make? Is there a theme that ties your beers together?
The beers we make are designed to be four classic styles (Blonde, English Style Ale, IPA and Stout). We brew using traditional methods and use only the four main ingredients (Grain, Hops, Water and Yeast) in small batches. Small is great. We are the small guys in a big market but we take as much care and attention as possible. It is truly a hands on brewing process. Our beers range from light to dark in colour, some are more complex in grain profile while others are designed to showcase the fresh local hops that we use. Slightly lower carbonated that most beers, we have ultimately designed four beers that are session-able, great to be shared with friends and demonstrate classic styles.
What's a typical day like at Whitewater Brewing Company?
BUSY! We brew multiple 50L batches, three days a week, 18 hours each day and have a constant flow of locals coming in to buy a growler or three. Usually people hang around for an hour or so, join in with the brewing and ultimately get involved in making the beer that they will be drinking in a few weeks time. There are not many breweries where people can come and look inside our Mash Tun and Boil kettle, or add the next hop addition to an IPA. On our non-brew days we’re cleaning cleaning cleaning cleaning as well as planning events, doing paperwork and getting some cool hypercolour t-shirts made!
Which brews will you be bringing to the Ottawa Brewery Market?
The Ottawa Brewery Market // October Edition will be held on October 20,
2013 at Parkdale Park (12pm – 8pm). Admission is free with food/drink
tickets being sold at the door. It's family/pet-friendly and will go on
rain or shine – prepare yourself for the Ottawa weather.
Join us Sunday, October 20 at Parkdale Park for the triumphant, suds-soaked, final return of the Ottawa Brewery Market!
Fill up on hometown pride by helping us empty kegs served by Ashton
Brew Pub, Clocktower Brew Pub, Kichesippi, Mill Street Brewery,
HogsBack, Whitewater and Barley Days. Flying Monkeys will be there
representing the lovely Muskoka and tapping cold ones too.
Murray Street + Absinthe will be back with their amazing beef + veggie burgers.
We will be pouring rain or shine.
Children welcome — park features a wonderful play area.
Proceeds support Ottawa Riverkeeper — because you can't make great beer without clean water.
See more info at www.brewerymarket.com.
- Byward Beer Market: Winterlude Edition February 1, 2020 at 11:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Bier Markt Ottawa Winterlude Brewmaster Dinner February 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Bier Markt, 156 Sparks Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5C1 We're excited to invite you to our Winterlude Brewmaster's Dinner! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bier-markt-ottawa-winterlude-brewmaster-dinner-tickets-85117417487?aff=eand
- Paint Day at Beau's Brewery February 2, 2020 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Beau's Brewery, 10 Terry Fox Drive, Vankleek Hill, ON K0B 1R0 The Beau's Taproom presents: Paint Day, hosted by Create with Navy https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/paint-day-at-beaus-brewery-tickets-88851977657?aff=eand