Ottawa Bottle Share
Ottawa Bottle Share (#OttBottleShare)! is modeled after Toronto Bottle Share, and our goal is to connect beer lovers throughout the Ottawa-area and try some new, amazing beer.
From the Toronto Bottle Share website:
Why public bottle shares? To start, beer is an inherently social beverage. Whether in a bar, at a cottage or around the table, the best beers are always those shared with other people. Bottle shares embrace the social aspect of beer and offer the opportunity of meeting like-minded people.
There are also those beers that demand to be shared. They could be too unique to drink alone or be too strong for one person. Bottle shares allow people to open something special and get rewarded in kind.
Below are some rules and information on how to get your name on the #OttBottleShare invite list!
Ottawa Bottle Shares are held in a private home. There is no fee to attend, but we encourage you to leave a tip for the use of the space, providing snacks, etc..
- Every attendee must bring one 650ml (or larger) bottle of beer or two 350ml bottles. The beer should not be available at the LCBO, Beer Store or be one of the regular offerings at a local Ottawa brewery.
- There is a limit to the amount of people who can attend.
- Event details will only be sent out to registered members via e-mail.
- Members can then RSVP to bottle shares on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Keep your sample sizes small, share, don’t get drunk and arrange for safe transportation home (taxi, public transit, etc).
Register your name and e-mail address here and you’ll be sent details on future bottle shares.