Beer Events 10
Here’s what’s coming up this week in Ottawa Beer :
- Saturday July 9th@12pm – Saison D’Etre Brewery Market @Hintonburg Park
- Free admission
- “Saison d’Être” will feature the farmhouse Saison. Expect your standard local favourites, along with some tasty special-edition beers. Tasters will be available for all featured Saisons
- Saturday July 9th @9am- Bend & Brunch with Yoga on Tap @CRAFT Beer Market $25
- Bring your own mat for a one hour yoga class hosted by our friends at Yoga on Tap, and then stay for brunch with your choice of a Kichesippi Radler or Culture Kombucha.
- Saturday July 9th @11am – Cornwall Summer Beerfest @Nav Centre $20
- Sunday July 10th @2pm – Run Now, Beer Later @Tooth & Nail Brewery
- Drop in for a casual road run led by one of our run coaches. Perfect for any level, we will run 2-3km with a focus on fun over speed.
- Our run will start and end at Tooth and Nail Brewing Company, we are doing a 2K loop and we run rain or shine.
- Wednesday July 14th @5pm – Barley’s Angels Family & Friends BBQ & ball game $30 @Raymond Charest stadium
- Watch the Ottawa Champions take on the Trois Rivieres Aigles
- Each ticket* includes: all-you-can-eat pulled pork sandwiches and hot dogs (vegetarian option available for those who purchase a VEGETARIAN ticket), drinks (pop), 2 beer (adult tickets only) , chips (and, perhaps, popcorn); and your game ticket (general admission).
Want us to mention your upcoming event? Drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Tips on How to Get Your Event Noticed
In spite of the growing popularity of craft beer in Ottawa it can be difficult to find information about a new beer release or beer-centric event. To connect the breweries to their thirsty fans Ottawa Beer Events was formed and we’ve successfully created the connection between the craft beer fan and the often resource strapped small craft brewery.
Over the years we’ve learned that certain ways of presenting a message can impact how well it performs. We adore Ottawa craft beer and we want local craft beer to continue to grow so please consider the following when pushing out event notices:
Details are important
Craft beer fans love the details and they love connecting with the beer they’re drinking. Speaking to the style you’ve brewed, the special ingredients or why you’ve given it a particular name adds value and interest. The same principle goes with events especially when it comes to food and beer pairings which can be higher in price. The more details you provide (price, menu, story, location), the more value you build and the easier it will be to sell tickets.
Everyone loves a photo
We’ve all heard the saying that people eat with their eyes – well it’s true! Just look at the popularity of the image based social media platform Pinterest. Adding an image to your event listing or social media posting will attract more attention to your event or beer release and encourage people to share it.
Use proper spelling/grammar and triple check before hitting publish
This seems like a no brainer, but social media and event listings are pushed through regularly with small errors that can have a big impact on the message. Run your messages through a grammar check and if you’re really worried about presentation have a friend run through it again to catch those errors the spellcheck may have missed.
Send us your events and beer releases!
Yes, I’m not going to lie this was all a ruse to get you to send us your events and beer releases so we can do the work for you. With our popular social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest) not to mention our website we are able to reach a large amount of Ottawa-area beer fans at one time. All we ask is that you send us the details with a photo – email@example.com
LAST MINUTE INVITATION!!! We're doing an end of summer BBQ meet up at our brewery tomorrow, Saturday, September 6, starting at 2pm. Sausages and beef jerkey from local butcher, L'Orignal Packing, will be onsite. First bite and a pint of beer is on us – given you donate to our local food bank. See you there!
Cassel Brewery is located at 715 Principale Street, Casselman, Ontario. Word on the web is that they'll have a special edition of their Caboose IPA on tap.
From the press release:
Beau’s All Natural Brewing will be collaborating with Canadian actor and comedian Tom Green this spring to create The Tom Green Beer. The official launch of the Tom Green Beer in the nation’s capital will include five stand-up comedy shows featuring Tom Green, to be held at Yuk Yuk’s on Elgin St. in Ottawa June 13-15.
Milk stout is the chosen beer style for the collaboration, a tip of the hat to one of Tom Green’s comic antics of the past. A balanced black ale, The Tom Green Beer will display flavours of chocolate and coffee, while delivering a creamy, velvety texture and finishing with a mild sweetness.
Tom Green initially approached Beau’s All Natural with the idea of making a beer together last summer. When Toronto’s Session Craft Beer Festival proposed the idea of “Collaboration Nation” (having Ontario craft breweries pair themselves with an artist and develop a beer together), the plan became a reality.
“Growing up in the Ottawa area, I’ve been a huge Tom Green fan. Having the opportunity to brew a unique and tasty beer with one of my heros is quite amazing — really amazing,” shared Steve Beauchesne, co-founder of Beau’s. “We’re having so much fun with this project, we may decide to make it available as more than just a one-off release… assuming we like the finished beer as much as we think we will,” he added.
Tickets for Tom Green's shows are available at Yuk Yuk's.
Keep up-to-date with beer events in Ottawa by adding our calendar to your calendar! Click the ‘+ Google Calendar’ in the bottom right.
Spot an error? Want to add an event? Let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 23, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- Hopped & Confused Ottawa '19 August 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa Dine Alone Records & Mill Street Brewery present #HoppedandConfused 2019! We're back in business for a fourth summer of great bands and good beer, with this year featuring JULY TALK, Sloan Music, Weaves, Born Ruffians, NOBRO, cleopatrick, Taylor Knox & Alexandria Maillot. Grab your tickets now at hoppedandconfused.ca 🎫 https://www.facebook.com/events/2364030813808988/
- CASKAPALOOZA 2019 - Festival-Style Craft Beer Sampling August 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm CRAFT Beer Market - Ottawa, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 Caskapalooza - our famous summer craft beer sampling event - is back for another year! Join us for a festival-style night of entertainment, good vibes and local beer tasting - featuring over 25 unique casks from your favourite local craft breweries. Event tickets are $25 and include 12 sample beer tokens! Partial proceeds will be…