Homebrew Ottawa 2
Beer Resources in Ottawa
Bars and Breweries
We already have that covered in our extensive Ottawa Beer, Bar and Brewery list.
Ottawa has it’s share of bloggers and they love to write about beer. You’ll find both reviews from far and wide, highlights from a local beer event and discussions about beer culture.
Beer drinkers like to chat about what they’re drinking or brewing. Several forum styles are available to you, but some are better for specific topics.
- BarTowel – Ontario
- Reddit – /r/BeerInOttawa
- Reddit – /r/BeerCanada
- Reddit – /r/Homebrewing
- Reddit – /r/Beer
At some point you may want to try brewing your own beer. There are several supply stores and some brew on premise sites that can help you get started on your first brew (and the addiction that is homebrewing).
- DeFalco’s (Brewing Supplies – 3 Ottawa locations)
- Magnotta (Brewing Supplies)
- Pure Brew (Brew on Premise)
Did we miss something? Send us an email at email@example.com!
Many home brewers make a great pint or several in the comfort of their home and share it with friends and family. Now, they can get recognized for their brewing skills through the National Capital HomeBrew (NCHB) Competition.
For the competitions 3rd year they are confident the number of entries from years past will surpass the 150 mark with good reason. The homebrewing community in Ottawa is a key part of the rapidly growing craft beer culture in the region and beyond. A few years ago, there were just a handful of craft breweries in Ottawa. Today, there are 17 craft breweries and/or brewpubs in the area, including two just across the river in Gatineau, with at least four more opening in 2014. Most of these craft breweries began with homebrewing entrepreneurs. Homebrewing is growing alongside the craft beer scene, with over 500 homebrewers in the Ottawa area.
Homebrewers have until Thursday, July 24th to register. To make sure you’re on the list visit http://nationalcapitalhomebrew.tumblr.com/. Judging will take place on Thursday, July 24th at two locations that are yet to be confirmed. The highlight of the NCHB Competition will be the awards ceremony which will take place August 17th at the National Capital Craft Beer Festival being hosted at Marion Dewar Plaza, Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West. All gold, silver and bronze medalists for each of the 23 categories will be awarded, plus, both the local and the national Best of Show winners.
- Bend and Brunch January 2020 January 25, 2020 at 9:30 am – 11:00 am CRAFT Beer Market - Ottawa, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3W7 Kick off the New Year and join us at CRAFT Ottawa for the first Bend and Brunch of 2020! Each class offers an hour of yoga starting at 9:30 am, hosted by our friends at Yoga on Tap. Then brunch with your choice of: Avocado and White Cheddar Farmhouse Benny, served on a house made…
- Byward Beer Market: Winterlude Edition February 1, 2020 at 11:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Bier Markt Ottawa Winterlude Brewmaster Dinner February 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Bier Markt, 156 Sparks Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5C1 We're excited to invite you to our Winterlude Brewmaster's Dinner! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bier-markt-ottawa-winterlude-brewmaster-dinner-tickets-85117417487?aff=eand