Ottawa Beer Events 70
We’re excited to announce 2 upcoming guided beer tastings – both very different but guaranteed to be a great time!! Click on the event below for more information/to purchase tickets
Here are some of the things we like to discuss during our tastings:
– The brewing process from A to Z
– How to taste beer
– Beer serving tips
– Beer style identities – the characteristics of each style
– the Ottawa brewing scene
– Beer History
– Whatever beer-y topic may interest you!!!
For additional information or to book your own tasting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost $25 available on Eventbrite or at CRAFT Beer Market
Coming up this week in beer – it’s the beginning of Ontario Craft Beer Week, so a few of those events in Ottawa, along with some other great beer-y events!
Here’s what’s on deck from Wednesday June 8th – Tuesday June 14th!
- Friday June 10th- noon until late– Beau’s Summer Patio Party @St Louis Bar & Grill Clyde Ave
- St.Louis Bar and Grill present the Beau’s Summer Patio Party with beer samplings, prizes, swag and entertainment provided by the Danny Sylvestre Band.
- Friday June 10th – Whitewater does OCB Week – Cask Day
- Saturday June 11th noon to 8pm – Missis-Sipping Craft Beer Festival $20 in advance or $25 at the door
- Enjoy beer & live music at Generations Inn in Carleton Place. Admission includes 4 sample tickets, sample glass & prize draws
- Saturday June 11th 9pm – Camp Muskoka: Craft Beer Summer Camp@ Hintonburg Public House
- ONE NIGHT ONLY -Enjoy backwood snacks, campfire sing alongs, cards and best of all MUSKOKA BREWERY IS TAKING OVER OUR TAPS for the night with some of their LIMITED RUN BREWS! Get dress for the cottage, and prepare yourself for some city campin’ HPH style. #campmuskoka for your chance to win some Muskoka swag. No cover. In celebration of Ontario Craft Beer Week.
- Saturday June 11th – Whitewater does OCB Week – Beer & BBQ Day
- Sunday June 12th @7pm- Whitewater does OCB Week – Beer Trivia Night
- Monday June 13th @6pm- Whitewater does OCB Week – Date Night
- Monday June 13th 5pm – 8pm – Muskoka Brewery’s Up The Creek with a Buddy and a Paddle
- OCB week event – Share a paddle of Muskoka’s Cream Ale and our 20th Anniversary Oak Aged Cream Ale with a pal, compare notes and let us know what you think!
- Monday June 13th 7pm – 9pm – Steam Whistle’s Craft Beer Trivia @ Bowman’s Bar & Grill
- OCB Week Event – Steam Whistle is proud to host Craft Beer Trivia at Bowman’s Bar & Grill. Do you have what it takes to earn the title of Count or Countess of Craft? Play by yourself or in a team. The winner takes home a Steam Whistle Prizepack valued at $100. Samples of Steam Whistle’s all-natural Pilsner will be available.
- Tuesday June 14th @6pm – Whitewater does OCB Week – Ladies Night
Want us to mention your upcoming event? Drop us a line email@example.com
Advertise With Ottawa Beer Events:
Our Social Reach:
Facebook: 1152 + likes
Twitter: 3375 + followers
Instagram: 814 + followers
Website: 210 700 + website visits since launching in May 2013
Sidebar A 300 x 250 – $100/month
Sidebar B – 160 x 600 – $150/month
Event Listing – Featured Event
Event Sidebar – $75/month
If you’d like us to promote your craft beer event, we also offer a variety of service including featured blog posts, live-tweets from the event and in-depth Social Media coverage. To discuss rates and availability please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for advertising with Ottawa Beer Events!
Some Tips on How to Get Your Event Noticed
In spite of the growing popularity of craft beer in Ottawa it can be difficult to find information about a new beer release or beer-centric event. To connect the breweries to their thirsty fans Ottawa Beer Events was formed and we’ve successfully created the connection between the craft beer fan and the often resource strapped small craft brewery.
Over the years we’ve learned that certain ways of presenting a message can impact how well it performs. We adore Ottawa craft beer and we want local craft beer to continue to grow so please consider the following when pushing out event notices:
Details are important
Craft beer fans love the details and they love connecting with the beer they’re drinking. Speaking to the style you’ve brewed, the special ingredients or why you’ve given it a particular name adds value and interest. The same principle goes with events especially when it comes to food and beer pairings which can be higher in price. The more details you provide (price, menu, story, location), the more value you build and the easier it will be to sell tickets.
Everyone loves a photo
We’ve all heard the saying that people eat with their eyes – well it’s true! Just look at the popularity of the image based social media platform Pinterest. Adding an image to your event listing or social media posting will attract more attention to your event or beer release and encourage people to share it.
Use proper spelling/grammar and triple check before hitting publish
This seems like a no brainer, but social media and event listings are pushed through regularly with small errors that can have a big impact on the message. Run your messages through a grammar check and if you’re really worried about presentation have a friend run through it again to catch those errors the spellcheck may have missed.
Send us your events and beer releases!
Yes, I’m not going to lie this was all a ruse to get you to send us your events and beer releases so we can do the work for you. With our popular social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest) not to mention our website we are able to reach a large amount of Ottawa-area beer fans at one time. All we ask is that you send us the details with a photo – email@example.com
LAST MINUTE INVITATION!!! We're doing an end of summer BBQ meet up at our brewery tomorrow, Saturday, September 6, starting at 2pm. Sausages and beef jerkey from local butcher, L'Orignal Packing, will be onsite. First bite and a pint of beer is on us – given you donate to our local food bank. See you there!
Cassel Brewery is located at 715 Principale Street, Casselman, Ontario. Word on the web is that they'll have a special edition of their Caboose IPA on tap.
Beyond the Pale Brewing Company is hosting a Patio Party, which will devolve into an ALL NIGHT DANCE PARTY at Corner Bar & Grill in Orleans! BTP is taking over 8 taps and tapping 3 casks starting at 8pm. Come for the afternoon patio sun and stay for the DJ stylings of Devin Atherton who will start spining at 9pm. This $10 ticket will get you glassware and 2 beer tickets to be used towards delicious BTP pints.
The Marché will be held at the Hendrick Farm, a gorgeous heritage property in Old Chelsea which has already gained a reputation as a destination that supports conservation, sustainability and the environment. The Farm, which is part of a community redevelopment project in Chelsea, features a historic barn that visitors will be able to explore and enjoy during the Marché.
For our inaugural Marché, we’re thrilled to be welcoming some of Quebec’s finest craft breweries, including Trou du Diable from Shawinigan, Brasserie Dunham from Dunham, Microbrasserie Le Castor from Rigaud, Brasseurs du Temps from Gatineau andBenelux from Montreal. We’re grateful that these quality brewers are participating in our first (of hopefully many) Marchés in Quebec.
The Marché des Brasseurs will be free admission and you will be able to buy beer and food at the event. We will run from 12pm – 6pm on Saturday, July 26th. The event will be all-ages and family friendly. Proceeds from the Marche des Brasseurs will support the great work of Sentinelle Outaouais.
Hendrick Farm has ample free parking but we do not suggest that you drink and drive. In partnership with Brew Donkey, we will be running a shuttle bus to the Marché des Brasseurs from Ottawa (leaving from Fairmont & Wellington). You can reserve your spot on the bus here. And with that, mark down Saturday, July 26th in your calendar for a wonderful day of Quebec craft beer and food at our first Marché des Brasseurs!
More information: http://www.marchedesbrasseurs.com/
Are you running this race weekend? Experts say that carb loading can help you explode off the start line. Different experts say that beer is full of carbs. Therefore, beer + running = success. That’s science, backed by tons of experts.
Angry Dragonz and What the Truck Food Trucks will help you power up with even more delicious asian fusion + pizza carbo madness.
If you joined us in April, you know that we will be pouring, even if the rain is.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY. Hintonburg Park features a wonderful play area. Bring your chairs and frisbee and come relax for the day.
Proceeds support Ottawa Riverkeeper, because you can't make great beer without clean water.
Get more info at www.brewerymarket.com
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Beer Dinner with Sam Corbeil (Sawdust City) January 25, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Bar Lupulus, 1242 Wellington St W, Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A4, Canada https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/sawdust-city-brewmasters-dinner-tickets-42246065118?aff=eand
- Brewmaster's Dinner with Muskoka Brewery January 30, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm CRAFT Beer Market Ottawa We're excited to invite you to another edition of our monthly Brewmaster's Dinner Series. We've partnered with the amazing Muskoka Brewing Co. out of Bracebridge, Ontario to bring you a 4 course dinner and beer pairing dinner (plus a welcome beer). Menu Coming Soon! Dinner will be served at 6:30, so we welcome you to…
- Ottawa Winter Beerfest February 16, 2018 – February 17, 2018